Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gnome, Surry Hills


Brunch at a cafe is always good.
Last Sunday, I had a rather spontaneous brunch with two of my good mates. Generally, it's not very often that we get to hang out cause the stress from university work is sometimes just too much to handle. You should see Surry Hills on a Sunday, every single cafe is packed regardless of how big or small it is. There's a waiting line for every single cafe, and when you're a fair bit pressed for time, it might not be the best choice.



We were eyeing one of my favourites, Four Ate Five but the place was really swarmed with people. There was a small cozy cafe right across the street that seemed pretty good as well. There weren't a whole lot of things on their menu, just pretty much the basics were present. And on SUNDAY, they serve all day brekkie! 


Skim Cap, my thing.

Adara's Green Tea

Saz's Ice Coffee

Coffee and tea to start. When it comes to brunches and the cafe lifestyle sort of thing, you need some good coffee, duh. Sadly, this wasn't quite up to scratch. The coffee lacked that fantastic pungent aroma.

The Super Grilled Cheese- $12
Cheddar, Gruyere, Buffalo Mozzarella, and Proscuitto

Just thought you might need a closeup.
To die for. 
As usual, I've got a thing for Eggs Benedict, but after browsing through the menu, I spotted the grilled cheese. Ain't nothing to pump up the day like a grilled cheese. I was glad I got it, it surpassed my expectations. The bread was toasted brown, just the way I like it. The cheese was just melted and oozing. To top it all off, the proscuitto inside just gave the sandwich that last touch that just brought it to the whole next level. Everything with proscuitto is 10 times better. 


Spinach Salad with poached chicken, eggs, figs, and pistachios- $12
Adara enjoyed her salad too. But I'm quite sure that I enjoyed my sandwich more. You should've seen my face/ happiness. 

Gnome Espresso and Wine Bar
536 Crown Street, Surry Hills

1 comment:

  1. I freakin love their super grilled cheese sandwich! Flat white there is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...