Friday, April 20, 2012

Gelato MESSINA.



I love my gelato. It's on of the top things on my dessert list.* I've been to my fair share of places, but I've got to say THIS ONE is right on top of the list. Never has any other gelato been so creamy, fresh, and accurate with their flavours. This one is for keeps. 



Just some of the flavours that they have.
After the first time I've visited, I'm guilty of heading there over and over just to see what's new to try on the menu or whatever would pick my interest. The specials that are listed on the board are absolutely as imaginative as gelato could possibly get. You'll definitely understand why shortly.

Pear & Rhubarb down the bottom
Tantrums & Tiaras up the top.

You might just need a closer look at this goodness.

Guilty again, despite being there a fair number of times, I've only found these pictures. I get too preoccupied with my gelato to snap pictures! Their Pear and Rhubarb is spot on and refreshing. Classic combo, done well. It's a curious name the one on the top: Tantrums and Tiaras. It's basically a cheesecake with rosewater. Love rosewater. Love the consistency of this. It's the business. 

On other visits, I've tried the Boss's Wife which is a panna cotta flavoured gelato with white peach puree swirled through it. And on the heavier note, their specials have included banana bread and peanut butter. The banana bread gelato was scrumptious but belly heavy, so is the peanut butter which had chocolate chunks.

Messina at The Star
Gelato Messina at The Star

Cafe Court, Level G, 80 Pyrmont Street 
PyrmontNSW 2009

Monday to Thursday: 11am to 11pm
Friday and Saturday: 11am to 11.30pm
Sunday: 11am-11pm



*I'm not really a cake person unless we're talking about cheesecake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...