Saturday, April 2, 2011

Grill'd Healthy Burgers

Grill'd on Crown Street

See the wide range of drinks they have?
The staff were nice!
And the whole place had this retro-diner gone modern them going.
COOL.
I've been wanting to go to Grill'd for the longest time cause I've heard they serve lip smacking, butt whooping scrumptious burgers. 

Just to give you an idea of how good the burgers are..
"Hamburger connoisseurs should pray for one in their neighborhood" -Herald Sun
"The best hamburgers in Australia or the world" - Good Weekend


If at this point, you're not convinced, I'll do the convincing- NOW.


Took the this shot of the dish,
but it obviously didn't do the burger justice.
So I took another picture.
ALMIGHTY- $12.50
Grilled 100% lean beef, crispy trim bacon, tasty cheese,
free range egg, a couple slices of beetroot
salad, relish, and herbed mayo.
Since I haven't been eating much lately, halfway through,
I was STUFFED.
More often than not, these days, I avoid beef cause it's the catalyst to making me fat. I'm NOT kidding. But every week, I've got a cheat day- CHEAT SATURDAY. So, the ultimate indulgence would be a  BIG FAT JUICY (insert all the other yummy adjectives here) BURGER! The ALMIGHTY was perfect for the job. It was juicy, very juicy. The juices were dripping everywhere. The bacon was not a sad pathetic slice, it thick and chunky maple bacon. I had it on a wholemeal sesame bun. WHOLEMEAL. It was righteous, it was messy, it was tasty, it's the best I've had in quite a while.





Moroccan Lamb Burger- $11.90
Grilled lean lamb pattie with
roasted peppers, tzatziki, salad, & relish
My cousin K got the Moroccan Lamb Burger. She had hers on a panini. I'd describe it as the cousin of the Persian Lamb Kebab. It was injected with so much flavor it was almost unbelievable. But in my opinion, it would be nicer if there was more tzatziki.* In the end, the crusty panini held the burger better than the wholemeal bun.


HOT CHIPS!
Thick cut Tasmanian Russet- Burbank potato chips
cooked in high quality cholesterol free oil
and sprinkled with our trademark Grill'd herb mix.
No artificial colors, flavor, or preservatives.
As for the sides, nothing goes better with burgers than chips! I'm a professed chip freak. I love them hot with some chicken salt and ketchup when I'm in the mood. These ones were thick cut and fantastic! They were sprinkled with rosemary. They smelled absolutely sensational, and tasted the same as well!


I love Emma & Tom's.
Since it's cheat day, I better make the most out of it! I had Emma & Tom's Extreme C to drink. It was kinda thick, there were prominent hits of guava and strawberry. It was refreshing, deferring from your normal OJ/lemonade refreshing. I loved it! It has no added sugar, concentrates, and anything artificial. It's the real Mccoy, it's darn good stuff.



I'd definitely go back to Grill'd, they take their burgers seriously and as their tag line says: Made With Love. There's love in every single bite, I swear. They've got a whole range of beautiful burgers aside from your norm beef burger. There are chicken burgers, lamb burgers, veggie burgers**, steak sandwiches, and salads*** too! And their buns are baked fresh daily by a local baker- no added sugar, and no artificial preservatives! There's a gluten-free option as well!

Have I got you convinced now? I bet I have.


Thought for the day: If you're having a crappy time living your crappy life- DEAL with IT. You have no right to involve other people in it. Sometimes, it's better to keep things to yourself.


Grill'd Healthy Burgers
241 Crown Street
Darlinghurst


Eat In or Take Home
Phone orders welcome: 9380 4800


www.grilld.com.au


* That's how much I love my yogurt. It's insanely refreshing.

** I was browsing through the menu and they have veggie patties, grilled field mushrooms, and chickpea patties for the vegetarians. And they're 100% vegan!

*** Kudos to a burger place serving some decent salads, they do sound great on the menu. It's perfect for people like Daryl who refuses to eat carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...