Monday, March 21, 2011

The Adriano Zumbo Experience!

He's the cover of Time Out this month!
KUDOS!
Three cheers for Adriano Zumbo cause he's a genius. Heck they should give him an award for reinventing desserts. He could full like take over the world- Yes, his desserts are that awesome.


Macaron Tower.
Beetroot & Olive Macarons, specifically!

V8 Layered Cake.
8 Layered White Chocolate Cake!
I first heard about Zumbo from my friend, Min who wanted to be a pastry chef. And the next time was when I was watching Australia's Masterchef.* He made a macaron tower which was composed of beetroot & olive macarons- it totally amazed me. Following that, there was the perfectly crafted V8 Cake. Those two things alone got me hooked onto Mister Zumbo.


It's a hole in the wall, I'm not joking.

And it brings heaps of people in.

Mini Cakes Selection

Trays and trays of macarons, of course!
Finally the Adriano Zumbo Patissier has opened a more convenient and accessible location- Manly. I've been dying to visit the patissier, and obviously jumped at the chance! There wasn't really a whole lot of questioning about what I was going to get, cause macarons are a must since he fully like revived the whole shibang. On top of that, I wanted to get each and every one of those small cakes cause they were equally intricately constructed and all of them looked darn tasty! But there was no way I could- 2 reasons why. First, I'll get fatter- a lot fatter! Second, it will cost a fortune! These sweet treats don't play games, they're serious with your account.



Since I'm a huge fan, I intend to give an in depth description of my ADRIANO ZUMBO EXPERIENCE. 
From left to right
Chocolate, Rosemary-Apricot, Lime-Pineapple,
Mango-Macadamia, Peach Tea & Toasted Marshmallow
$2.30 each

Beautiful Peach Tea One!
The macarons- box of 6! Mind you, I didn't finish everything, I just took a bite of each! That's exercising self-control right there!

1. Toasted Marshmallow- The filling in between the shells is most certainly melted marshmallow. It reminded me about Smores.

2. Peach Tea- My second favorite macaron. Aside from being pretty, it's rather pungent and the essence is captured perfectly.

3. Mango Macadamia- It was fine, just fine. It lacked the macadamia that I was anticipating.

4. Lime Pineapple- You'd definitely taste those two flavors together, but one outshines the other, pineapple steals the show!

5. Rosemary Apricot- The rosemary is very strong, you would be able to sniff it out even before eating. There's an apricot jam in the middle. It was kind of strange, in the most interesting way.

6. Chocolate- You know how they always say save the best for last? This is no exaggeration. I know chocolate is very generic and you'd expect something grand from Mister Zumbo, but this is a killer. It's a potent dark chocolate that completely melts in your mouth. It tingles all your senses too. I'm talking about MAJOR FOODGASM here. I wouldn't mind having the box of 6 filled just with chocolate macarons!

Apparently they have a pancake and maple syrup one, but it wasn't available when I went. Oh well, all the more reason to go back! Wait, there are ginger, salted butter caramel, and bloody mary ones too!


The Wheely Carry Me Mel
As per the description-
Hazlenut dacquoise with caramel mascarpone mousse,
caramel maison, salted chocolate plates and caramel cream.
This cake is rounded off with dark chocolate and rolled in chewy caramel.


Deconstructed, WHOOPS.

On to the next agenda, CAKE! There were many choices, but they didn't have the corn meringue one that I wanted to try. The next best thing appeared to be the Wheely Carry Me Mel. Tricky name hey? It's a beautiful piece of art. The components are layered well. There's hard bitter sugar coating, sweet/rich chocolate, fluffy sponge, salty caramel, and hazelnuts. It's a flawless balance of salty and sweet.

I can't wait to plan my next escapade to the Adriano Zumbo Patisserie! And I obviously know where I'm getting my birthday cake too!



Adriano Zumbo Patissier


Shop 1a/40 The East Esplanade, Manly 
Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday
7:00am till 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
7:00am till 5:50pm



* I'm am fully committed to Masterchef, I never missed an episode. The story is different however if we're shifting to Junior Masterchef. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Like These Similar Posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...